Saturday, November 22, 2014

Exclusive Pumper

What to do with plugged milk ducts that will not unplugged despite your best efforts?

I've massage, I've used heat compressions, I've even been down on all fours!  When you are experiencing engorgement that just will not go away I recommend grabbing a manual pump like Avent's manual pump and hopping in the shower.  This works best if you have a detachable shower head like I do.  I turn the water on as hot as I can take it, then I point the shower head closely and directly at the clogged area, and I just go nuts with the pump.  You may need to massage a bit (take care not to re-clog).  At this point you should not even be concerned about wasted milk since a lot of shower water will mix into the pump.  All you need to do is experience let down and pump a little to unplug.  As soon as you feel relief, you can towel off and resume pumping with the electric pump.  Since all this happened in the shower, you don't have to be concerned with any mess.  YOU ARE WELCOME!!!!  This has saved me so many times. 

Something else that has saved me are hands free pumping bras!   I've also DIY'ed some of my old bras to make hands free pumping bras by cutting a small "x" shape into your thinner, non padded bras.  This way you can save money and pump hands free.  Hallelujah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment