Friday, November 28, 2014

Acid Reflux and Baby Carriers

If your baby has acid reflux you will have to keep baby upright for at least 20 minutes after a feeding.  I used baby carriers because they allowed me to have my hands free and still attend to baby's 20 minute requirement.  Often times the baby would fall asleep in the carrier.  I think it's best to have the baby already swaddled so the transition from baby carrier to swing/crib/pack'n'play is smooth.  No need to wake the baby.

Here are the combinations I recommend.  Be sure to buy the correct size. 
 
Ergobaby + SwaddleMe
Tuck the legs into fetal position.

K'Tan + Woombie Leggies

Ergobaby + Woombie Leggies

While I was hands free I could tidy up the nursery, go for a walk, throw a load of laundry in the wash, and meal prep in the kitchen.  Or if he was fussy I could bounce on the medicine ball while the white noise machine was playing in the background.  Being hands free is so much better than being stuck.

Venting: I absolutely HATED the Ergobaby Newborn Insert.  DO NOT BUY IT.  IT IS TERRIBLE!  


No comments:

Post a Comment