Sunday, May 25, 2014

Nursery. Crafts. Closet Organization. Dividers.

Nursery.  Crafts.  Closet Organization.  Dividers.


I purchased wood door hangers online at Hobby Lobby for .79 cents each.  Also at HobbyLobby.com I purchased painted wood cut outs for .67 cents each.  


 A note about the painted wood cut outs.  If you choose vertical and tall cut outs (i.e. rocket and cowboy boot), it ensures the cut out will stay within the borders of the door hanger. 

If you don't mind a little painted wood cut out spillage, then you can go for the horizontal oriented cut outs (i.e. the car or the blue dino)


Other supplies you will need for this project include a paint pen, ribbon of your choice, a glue gun, acrylic paint, and an applicator to apply the paint.  I already had the glue gun.  I purchased the acrylic paint and brush from my local Michaels Arts & Crafts Store.  Don't forget the paint pen or ribbon (sorry, I forgot to take a picture of it). 


I first laid scratch paper over my work table to protect the table from any craft accident.  I began to paint all the wood door hangers on one side.  Then I let it dry before starting to paint the other side.


Once both sides have dried.  Take the glue gun and proceed to glue the wooden painted cut outs onto door hangers.  Be sure to glue the cut out lower-than-centered in order to leave enough space to write...
 Now take your paint pen and write... (whatever your intentions are with these hangers).  For me, I did "0-3 months" "3-6 months" "6-9 months" "9-12 months."  I cut 23 inches of ribbon and tied the door hanger to the clothes bar as pictured.


If you have ideas about other uses for the door hangers and what to write on it, please leave a comment below.  I hope this helps.  Thanks for reading. 



No comments:

Post a Comment